Youth Programs - Become an Apprentice
Pour Your ART Out (PYAO) transforms talented teens into Apprentice Artists to learn about art and develop job skills that can be used in any career.
What is the Summer 2019 Pour Your ART Out Workshop?
Pour Your ART Out (PYAO) is an intensive 6-week workshop for high school students, which takes place throughout the summer from the last week of June through the first week of August at our Kensington, Maryland studio. Participants, known as “Apprentice Artists” work on art commissions for real clients, learn and strengthen visual art techniques, and develop job skills that can be used in any career.
What will I do?
- Make new friends!
- Learn a new visual art discipline—Mosaic tiling (or strengthen what you know).
- Create beautiful artworks for paying clients that can be added to your portfolio!
- Learn skills to help prepare you for success in school and the career of your choice!
- Earn a strong reference from AOB for future job and/or college applications.
- Visit museums, galleries, artists’ studios and other places where creative people work!
- Work on your resume, and add significant experience to it (PYAO).
- That’s just the start; you’ll have the opportunity to do and learn even MORE!
When does PYAO take place?
The Summer 2019 workshop will take place Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, starting TBD, 2019 until TBD, 2019.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must be a high school student, in grades 9 through 12, ages 14 through 21.
When is the application deadline?
Program candidates must complete an online application by DATE, April TBD, 2019.
When will I hear a response about my application?
Applicants will get a response within 48 hours. Eligible candidates will be invited to schedule an interview by or before the week of May TBD, 2019. Applicants will be notified of whether they are selected (or not) for the Summer 2019 PYAO workshop during the week of May TBD, 2019. A mandatory PYAO Family Orientation will take place Thursday, June TBD from 6 to 7:30 pm.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Clayton Evans at 240-645-0730 or email@example.com.