Apply for the Pour Your ART Out Apprenticeship
Pour Your ART Out (PYAO) transforms talented teens into Apprentice Artists to learn about art and develop job skills that can be used in any career.What is the Pour Your ART Out Workshop?
Pour Your ART Out (PYAO) is a free, intensive 6-week workshop for creative high school students who are interested in joining the creative economy. Participants, known as “Apprentice Artists” work on art commissions for real clients, learn and strengthen visual art techniques, earn a stipend OR SSL hours, and develop job skills that can be used in any career.
Note: The Pour Your ART Out program is completely FREE. In addition, participants earn a stipend or SSL hours.Montgomery County APPLICANTS:
During this 2018-2019 school-term, our PYAO-MC program will only employ experienced apprentice artists. However, if you believe you have an exceptional understanding of and experiences with various art media (namely mosaic art), please get in touch!
Arts on the Block is seeking smart, talented, hardworking, DC artists between the ages of 16-22 to join our existing production crew for a 10-week, intensive mosaic studio at the Anacostia Arts Center.
This is a paid, part-time position at DC minimum wage. Applications are due September 3rd by 5pm. Those interested are urged to apply ASAP. A brief interview will follow for qualified applicants.
AOB apprentices develop into leading professionals in visual art, design, architecture, education and a host of other exceptional career fields. Our rigorous immersion model prepares youth for professional success and civic leadership.
- Project meetings with clients Tracking project time and expenses Working with other Apprentice Artists, designing and creating individual and collaborative pieces
- Keeping a daily journal for future reference and development Maintaining an orderly and safe workplace
- Actively participating in all discussions, activities, and projects
- Showing up to work on time Being open to trying a new medium and/or improving your creative skills
- Dressing appropriately for work
- Exercising workplace professionalism
- Participating with an enthusiasm to learn and have fun Respecting fellow apprentices, staff, supervisors, and visitors
- District of Columbia resident between the ages of 16 and 22; Love to make art;
- Considering a career in art, design, or a related profession;
- Enjoy working in teams;
- Available Saturdays between Sept 8 and Nov 10, 2018, and up to 4 hours during after school or early evening hours through the week.
- Can be responsible for own transportation to and from program.