What is the opportunity for creative teens?
Pour Your ART Out (PYAO) art apprentices learn about working in a professional art studio and develop job skills that can be used in any career.
What is the Summer 2019 Pour Your ART Out Workshop?
PYAO is a free, summer studio intensive workshop for creative high school students who are interested in learning about and preparing to work in the creative industries. By joining this program, you become an apprentice artist in the AOB studio and get to work with our amazing teaching artists on art commissions for real clients. You will learn about the business of art, strengthen your visual art skills, earn a stipend, internship credit or SSL hours, and gain experience that can be used in any career.
What will I do?
- Make new friends!
- Earn a stipend, internship credit or SSL hours, and gain experience that can be used in any career.
- Learn a new visual art discipline—mosaic tiling (or strengthen what you know)
- Create beautiful artworks for paying clients that can be added to your portfolio
- Learn skills to help prepare you for success in school and the career of your choice
- Earn a strong reference from AOB for future job and/or college applications
- Visit museums, galleries, artists’ studios and other places where creative people work
- Work on your resume, and add significant experience to it (PYAO)
- That’s just the start; you’ll have the opportunity to do and learn even MORE!
When does PYAO take place?
The Summer 2019 workshop will take place Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, from June 24, 2019 to August 2, 2019.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must be a high school student, in grades 9 through 12, ages 14 through 21.
When is the application deadline?
Program candidates must complete an online application by, April 1, 2019.
When will I hear a response about my application?
Applicants will get a response within 48 hours. Eligible candidates will be invited to schedule an interview by the week of April 8, 2019. Applicants will be notified of whether they are selected (or not) for the Summer 2019 PYAO workshop during the week of April 29, 2019. A mandatory PYAO Family Orientation will take place Saturday, June 8, from 11 to 12:30 pm.
Where is the AOB studio located?
Our address is 8510 Fenton Street, Silver Spring, MD 20910. The studio is a short walk from the Silver Spring Metro on the red line.
Is there parking?
The Wayne Avenue garage is the closest parking, which is $1/hour weekdays and free on weekends.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Clayton Evans at 240-645-0730 or email@example.com.